Theme Preview Rss

Tong Yang -- where P600 goes a looooong way

This is still a part of our weekend food binge. Although, I think it was a Monday when we ate at Tong Yang in SM Fairview which is why we were able to avail of their P299 per person eat-all-you-can buffet available only during lunch time from Monday - Saturday.

On Sundays and during dinner time, the buffet is priced at P499 per person but it does include an even wider selection of seafood which includes crabs, if I'm not mistaken.

By the way, the price per person is inclusive of 12% VAT and they don't have a service charge. So tipping is in order. After all the great service will make you want to give a generous tip nonetheless.

Here's what we had... get ready to salivate.


For the grill and the shabu-shabu I got the "expensive" stuff. I got fillets of lapu-lapu, blue marlin, cream dory, salmon, mahi-mahi, etc. I even got meat and squid balls, clams, mussels, scallops, fish lips, some squid and 2 - 3 varieties of mushroom.

My husband got pork belly and beef sirloin slices.

Yes, we got cocktail hotdogs, too (more for our son than for us).

While waiting for our shabu-shabu to cook, we had appetizers of assorted dumplings and some fried tofu and spareribs.

Oh and some maki, too.

Prawns for the soup or for grilling.

And of course, we got dessert.


Yes, all these for P600. Actually, the receipt says it's P598. I did leave a tip, so that sets us back by P600++


My rating: 4.5 stars over all. The price, taste, ambiance and service deserve nothing less than 4.5 stars. Definitely a restaurant worth going back to.


CAVEAT:
We didn't order drinks -- we didn't want to take any stomach space away from the food. :-)

2 comments:

Chyng said...

Looks nice.
You started blogging this month only and you have 9 posts already. wow! Ü

Mommy M said...

Hi Chyng,

I'm glad you liked how my blog looks. I'm hoping to keep it as "professional" looking as possible because I want it to be a part of my porfolio for possible writing assignment. Hehehe. Why not earn from blogging, di ba?

Also, I'm striving to post at least twice a week nga. With my other blogs it took me eons to post a new entry until the topic I wanted to post about got stale, so I'd rather not write about it na lang.

Thanks for the visit ha!

Jen

Post a Comment