Theme Preview Rss

Mommy Matters: I Love FREEBIES (don't you?)

Aside from trying to earn more to keep our families afloat during hard times, mothers should also make sure that if and when they do spend they should at least get their money's worth. After all it is hard-earned cash, so it not only makes perfect sense to try to get its full value but it should be made a prerequisite before spending.

Ever since I became a stay-at-home mom with limited income coming in from the few freelance writing work that I still get to take on despite my limited time (yes, motherhood is a full-time job in itself), I have become extra cautious with how I spend my money. Unlike when I was gainfully employed, these days see almost no buying sprees at all.

Part of the cautious and conscious effort I have imbibed given my limited resources is to try to get as much value as I could from whatever purchases I make.

Take this restaurant for example... Buckaroo's.



My family and I ate there last Black Saturday (my son was aching to get out of the house so we decided to give in and take him to a nearby mall). It was actually a toss-up between Yellow Cab Pizza and Buckaroos, but what broke the tie is the FREEBIES we saw on the flyer handed to us.

The flyer said, "Kids eat for FREE everyday and FREE pasta for every order of a 16" pizza for as low as P455". I even had my husband check out the prices at Yellow Cab just to make sure we are getting a good deal.

These are what we got...

The 16" pizza (that actually cost P655 because it had all the toppings in it)


The FREE pasta (that would have cost P205 had it not been free)


The FREE kiddie meal (we got the rice and viand but pasta was also an option)


and the FREE 2 scoops of ice cream on a sugar cone (we each got one)


We also ordered refillable drinks, by the way.

I had every intention of ordering their dessert (the FREE ice cream was not on the flyer) but it turned out I didn't have to.

At the end our meal, we got to take home more than half of the pizza and half of the kiddie meal. Oh and we paid a little over P800 because of the 12% VAT.

Pasta and a 14" pizza alone plus 2 bottles of Sola at Yellow Cab would have cost us almost P900.00

What excites me about this restaurant aside from the FREEBIES is that their food is comparable to other pizza and pasta joints we've tried. Fact is this is not our first time eating at Buckaroos, it was our second, but the first time we ate there they didn't have any freebies at all.

Lastly, let me just say that this is not a paid blog for them or against Yellow Cab. I'm just happy that my P800++ went a long way considering we even brought home leftovers for our dinner.

0 comments:

Post a Comment