Theme Preview Rss

Sushi Ko To -- Regalado's Hidden Japanese Treasure

Part 3 of our food binge...

Date: April 20, 2010
Establishment: Sushi Ko To
Location: Regalado Avenue, West Fairview
Verdict: 4.5 stars

What can I say, we have our Chinese-food craving days and our Japanese-food craving days. Most of the time I think we really just love to eat. Hehehe.

We discovered this sort of "hole in the wall" Japanese food joint along Regalado when we were on our way to SM Fairview. Actually, it is not really a hole-in-the-wall, it is more like a "resto in a garage".

Take it from the pictures and the signages on their gate...




But don't judge this Japanese eatery by the signages on the gate, so to speak, their makis, ramens and misos are as authentic as you can get them... and I have tried Japanese food at Saisaki, Tong Yang, Bubble Tea, Cabalen, Tokyo-Tokyo, Teriyaki Boy, Kitaro, Karate Kid and practically every where else they serve Japanese food. I even had Maki on a styrofoam, as it is sold in Banchetto and Landmark food court. So yes, I know my Japanese (food).

Again, I'll let the pictures do the talking...

The Kani Salad Maki which is my favorite... P90

The California Maki... P80.

The Kani Sampler... P90


We also had Miso Ramen (P100) but in my eagerness to devour everything I forgot to take a picture of it. Nonetheless, just take my word for it that it's really yummy.

Here is what else they have on the menu...



After all that Japanese, why not have a truly Filipino dessert... a bag of Kutsinta for P30! Yes, they sell puto and kutsinta, too. :-)


All I can say is it is "Authentic Japanese at friendly budget!"

2 comments:

-=K=- said...

Hi sis, got your link from GT. The pictures look salivating. I live near SM Fairview and I was wondering if you could give me the exact address of this place or even just a landmark close to it? Thanks!

Mommy M said...

Hi K!

Sushi Ko To is along Regalado... it's right next to Maria's empanada.

If you are on Regalado from Dahlia, on your way to SM Fairview it will be at your left.

It's a garage with an open green gate that has the tarps on the picture I have posted above.

Hope you find it, ;-)

Post a Comment