Theme Preview Rss

Things That Make Me Go Hmmm...

I don't know if it's endorphins, Feng shui or just plain excitement brought about by my new "project" but I have been feeling rather good lately. I must say there have really been things that made me go "hmmm, hmmm, yeah" -- the thing is, I don't know which one is it.

So, let me just list off what I have been up to and maybe I will be able to identify which one is it that is giving me this "high".

1. I shredded my other remaining credit card -- Yup, I don't have a single credit card anymore. I have managed to keep that last one updated simply because I was not using it as much as my other one so it meant lower minimum dues that were easier to pay off. Unfortunately, since it was not maxed out I got to use several times more for groceries and home stuff which doubled the outstanding balance I had on it before.

I've decided that I've had enough of being in credit debt and thought of challenging myself to pay it all off in a year. My card's expiration is August 2011 so I figured I might as well try within that remaining period to pay it all off since the amount I owed is really not as obscenely impossible to pay compared to my other card.

Getting to that decision to cut up my very last credit card was tough! I toyed with the idea for the longest time but couldn't really get myself to do it. After all it was my financial "crutch".

But I really cannot afford to hold on to it anymore because doing so would have meant raking up on purchases again (as I have done in the past months) which had skyrocketing card charges every month because I only paid the minimum due. So... snip, snip, snip and my credit card was reduced to what looked like shoe-string potatoes.

I just don't know if the sense of "liberation" I'm feeling comes from the thought of not being able to incur consumer debt anymore or from finally being able to do the right thing to start getting my finances back on track.

2. I've finished all my pending writing assignments and have completed my second set of 100 posts - I'm now waiting for the next batch of topics from 2 clients and I have started my third set of 100 posts. Hopefully, I get to complete 100 posts before the month ends. That will put me at 200 posts per month which is right about where I want to be, considering I have other writing work coming other clients.

3. Knowing that my "project" is slowly taking shape. I am beginning to really believe that if you want something bad enough the universe will conspire to give it to you. Or maybe the universe just gave my bloodstream a good dose of motivation since I really want to see this project through before the year ends.

Well, whether it is the law of attraction or just plain motivation the important thing is it's working.

4. I've re-positioned our stove to face North. I read in Feng Shui an article in My Home that the back of a stove should not be towards the North. According to the article the North is where financial gains and wealth are associated, and having your stove's back towards it is like turning your back to financial gains and wealth.

I am no Feng Shui expert and neither do I understand why the direction of a stove's back determines your openness to wealth and financial prosperity, but I am willing to try anything to get our finances some very much needed resuscitation.


Hmmm... what else did I do to get me to feel relatively good about myself and my life? Let me think about it some more and once I figure it all out I'll come up with a continuation to this post.     
  

0 comments:

Post a Comment