Theme Preview Rss

Starstruck with Robin at Behrouz Timog

Boy, what a day to be sans any hint of makeup and looking every inch like a "labandera" (laundrywoman)! Darn it!



Heck, if I knew I would be bumping into Robin Padilla at Behrouz... yes, THE Robin Padilla... I would have spent at least a full hour making myself more presentable. Not that I was entertaining any thoughts that he would hit on me or something (yeah, I wish!), but at least I would not look like a "maid" or a "labandera" (complete with unruly hair that was hastily clamped at the back of my head) in our picture!

Oh well, I was not expecting to see anyone starstruck-worthy last night. It was just a late night run for something to eat before we picked up our son at lola's... I didn't even have my camera with me, so pardon the picture quality. I had to make do with the two cellphones we had handy, and my Samsung Corby (I just found out) does not even have a zoom feature (or should I read the manual again?)

Just the same, my husband and I were all smiles... I guess he was as starstruck as I was. Believe me he does not smile as much in most of his pictures, and most of the time he would not even look straight at the camera. I, on the other hand, don't even like getting my picture taken unless I had time to primp myself (which is not often given I have a 2-year old to take care of first. Besides, most of the time I was the photographer, so I almost always do not appear in the picture).

It's just that it was Robin himself who approached us... yes, he is that nice!!! He was sitting with a group at a corner a few tables in front of us and when he caught me staring at him, he immediately waved and smiled at me. I found it so endearing for him to have done so and though it might sound OA... but I felt like melting. I was so starstruck I even forgot how hungry I was. Hahaha!

He caught me trying to snap a picture and he still posed...


Also, I think he noticed I was trying my darndest best to get a picture of him with just a cellphone. I was already being prodded by my husband and Behrouz, the owner himself, to approach Robin to get a better picture but I decided not to... nahiya pa daw ako. Hehe... So when he was about to leave, he approached us.


Some guy at the table behind us was already trying to corner him and was asking if his group could have their picture taken with him but he said, "Sila po muna"... referring to me and my husband. Take note, I did not even have to ask to him to have his picture taken with us... well, maybe my ear-to-ear smile gave me away. But, he really is that nice... so grounded and humble.

Now, I have seen "stars"... Dolphy, Ara Mina, Pia Guanio, Roderick Paulate, Marvin Agustin, Dominic Ochoa, PBA players and imports and many others... but none were as affable and friendly as Robin Padilla.

As a matter of fact Robin was sooo nice that he even crossed the street and went to the establishment across Behrouz to give in to the requests of people eating there who wanted to have their picture taken with him, too.

I think it took him another 30-45 minutes after he stood up to leave Behrouz to actually board his CRV and drive off. He just kept posing for pictures with people who wanted to have their picture taken with him. Sooo bait and down to earth I tell you.

Here are some more pictures I took of him... again pardon the poor quality.



With Behrouz, the owner...




Oh, before I forget here's what we ordered...


Humus...



Kabab...



Beef, Tomato and Onion (or BTO)

and of course, Pita bread...





We also had 2 cans of soda and our bill rang up to P300. Considerably cheap considering a meal at Jollibee or Mcdonald's would have cost us more before we had our fill.


The food took longer to arrive than it usually does, but our server already warned us about it saying beforehand that it might take some time for our food to arrive because Robin's group (he had his posse at the open area occupying five tables, I think) placed a long list of orders. Well, we didn't mind the wait, despite our hunger, because we were preoccupied sight-seeing, so to speak. Hehe...


Behrouz at Timog had considerably "improved" in terms of aesthetics. They used to have just a few plastic chairs and tables that gave diners the "carinderia" feel. They now have an air-conditioned area, an open area on the ground floor with some "kubo" and bamboo chairs and tables and another open area on the second floor but with metal (probably aluminum) chairs and tables this time.


The food is as authentic as Persian food can get... you can probably tell by just looking at the owner. Hahaha.


If you don't find the pictures convincing enough, you might want to head on to Behrouz Metrowalk (in Ortigas), or in Timog and try it for yourself. I think there's another branch in San Juan or Greenhills, but I'm not really sure where.


Anyway, for less than what you will be paying eating at Jollibee, Mcdonald's or Chowking you get to eat a filling Persian meal and probably run into Robin Padilla if you're lucky. That's well worth P300, if you ask me... really a nice man. :-)







0 comments:

Post a Comment